Sunday, December 28, 2008

O' Christmas Tree!

The past several years we have driven up north to a great tree farm to cut down our own Christmas tree. The kids love the fact that they have a petting zoo, free hot cider, horse drawn sleigh rides, and Santa of course! We love the fact that we get an amazing tree for $35, and a great activity with the kids, that is well, quickly becoming our family Christmas tradition!







We did a coin toss this year, and the kids won. We ended up with an enormous 10 foot tall tree that was almost as wide as it was tall. I wanted a tall narrow tree, that would take up less space in our living room, but I guess I'll have to wait until next year! I was trying to take a picture of Callie in front of the tree while Chuck was cutting it down, when it quickly fell to the ground, ruining my shot, and dang near taking out my daughter! I was starting to regret the fact that I agreed to the coin toss after we got home. Not only was it a total pain to get in the house and in the stand, but a few hours later while I was hanging the lights, it came crashing down flooding my living room with a gallon of water!


Chuck happened to only be a few minutes away from home, and came home to help me mop up and reset our tree. We had to weigh it down with sand bags all around the base so it wouldn't fall again! I'm just grateful Ava wasn't crawling around, and that I hadn't decorated it yet! I have to say it's been a great tree after all that, and has helped fill our home with the magic of Christmas!

4 comments:

Andie said...

LOL, at least you will always remember that tree! ;-) Was that Rum River tree farm?

Lanna Palmer said...

It was actually Stacey tree farm...straight up 35 in Stacey. They are great!

Clarinda said...

What a beautiful tree!

The Evans Family said...

You didn't tell me about your tree falling over! What a mess, I'm glad it wasn't decorated yet. I really miss the tradition of going to cut down a tree, but I must admit I don't miss the pain of it all. A fake tree is actually quite nice! =-) Your big tree looks beautiful!