This is what happens when I try to get everyone to pose for a nice birthday picture....(I give up).
Chuck making a wish, although whats the point. All of his wishes came true the day he married me, right?! Heeheehee!
Ava now has developed a fine taste for cake, especially the chocolate frosting part of the cake, and smacks her lips again and again until she gets another bite! Hey, she's no dummy!
So let me explain the picture below. Chuck and I went up stairs to get Ava ready for bed. The boys were down stairs getting ready for bed as well, and Callie was at the kitchen table finishing her cake and ice cream.....or so we thought!
This is what she was doing. She thought we should have the rest of the cake cut up, cause that's what you do with cake, you cut it right?! NOTE TO SELF: Cake, a knife, and a 4 year old, ummmm not a good combination!
Although our celebration was on the humble homemade side, it was nice to take a few minutes out of our busy life and celebrate Chuck. I love him so much, and couldn't ask for a more loving, funny, hardworking, and devoted husband, father and best friend. Love you dear, and I hope you enjoyed your birthday!


4 comments:
I love slowing down and enjoying the simple things. Sounds like a great time! And don't feel bad, Abby got ahold of some scissors the other day (not sure how) that could have been really bad!
Callie is smart!! Happy Birthday Chuck! Lee is going to be 35 this week...he's getting old!
Brian and I noticed the Tabasco sauce in the picture with Chocolate Cake. Not a good combination.
Hi Lanna, I am still waiting to see pics of your new hair. :)
Our blog is private now and I don't have your email so if you send it to me at monkeyhouse@andersonzoo.com I'll send you an invite.
Post a Comment