Tuesday, October 21, 2008

OUR FABULOUS FALL!


Our fall has been fabulous so far, and I am praying it doesn't disappear too quickly. We have had cool mornings and lots of bright sunny days that make all the bright leaves just seem to glow on the trees. We had a frost last night and our tree out front lost all its leaves by the time I sent the boys off to school. We were all sad, even Callie said on the verge of tears "Where did all the red leaves go?" I kept thinking I should get a picture of the tree all last week, but of course didn't, and now its too late:( For the last 5 years we have been going to a great pumpkin patch about 20 minutes from our place. They have great pumpkins, and always have lots for the kids to do. The boys love the hay bail pyramid they have in the middle of the patch, as well as the huge blow up pumpkin jump. This year they added a feed corn pit for the kids to slide into and jump around like a ball pit. They were in love!!! We had to practically drag the kids out of there not only to go out to the field to get our pumpkins (we ended up buying 86 pounds of pumpkin:), but also when it was time to leave! Ava was just bright eyed as she watched her siblings jump and laugh. It was a picture perfect fall day, and I took lots of pictures to prove it:)







Oh if only I could bottle days like this to open up in say... the middle of February when we've had 2 weeks straight of below zero temps! That would be the best.



No such luck, I'll just have to look back a this post and call it good.


Happy Fall Ya All!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Lovin' Grant's mohawk. Looks like a great day. You have a darling family guys, miss ya!

seven said...

Can't believe how big all your kids are!! Hope Callie had a wonderful birthday.