Saturday, November 22, 2008

Our Halloween

I am a total failure of a mother because I didn't get any pictures of my kids in their Halloween costumes this year! What is my deal! Chuck says that I can kiss the Mother of the Year award good-bye! (As if I was even in the running!) You'll have to imagine a picture of Dallin as a Skeleton, Grant as a Ninja, and Callie as a Princess (big surprise!). Chuck was sick on Halloween night, so I took Grant and Callie around the neighborhood, and Dallin went with his friend Joe. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful night to go trick or treating, it was in the 50's! That is almost unheard of in Minnesota! Chuck and I had a good laugh at how the kids sprint from house to house the first block, by the next block they are walking, and by the third it's...I'm tired, can we go home, can you carry me, my legs hurt, you mean we have to walk back home?!

Chuck and I went to a party that our good friend threw, and had such a blast! The costumes were great, and I can't believe I didn't get pictures of everyone. I had issues in October with pictures I guess! I made our costume last year, and Annette (the host) asked us to wear it again this year, so we did. It's boarder line appropriate, but hey we're married! Barbie, AKA Annette gets the prize in my opinion, I couldn't look at her all night with out cracking up!







The night before Halloween we carved our pumpkins. The kids love it, and I HATE the mess! I do however LOVE the roasted pumpkin seeds that I get to make with all the "guts"! This year the seed were my best ever-yum! I'm grateful now that the candy is gone, and I managed not to have a weight gain!




3 comments:

The Evans Family said...

You are a better mom than I am...we didn't even carve pumpkins! I love the costume by the way, hilarious. Remind me to tell you what Emma said about Barbie.

Andie said...

Love, love, love your costume! Very clever! Annette's Barbie is a trip, too-very authentic!

Amber said...

We didn't carve pumpkins either. I really meant to, but something just went astray... Love your costumes! I saw the pictures on fb and totally cracked up!