Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So am I a total pushover?

This morning as I was getting the boys off to school, I was trying to hustle them along a bit more than usual. Grant dang near missed the bus yesterday (like had to chase it down late!). I was telling the boys they need to hurry so they didn't miss the bus, and Dallin commented that Grandpa Ron (the bus driver) was too nice. I asked him what he meant, and he proceeded to tell me the following....

"He's just to nice, he lets all the kids get away with anything, and he keeps giving them more chances....Just like you do Mom!"

"What the crap are you taking about kid!" Is what I wanted to say to him, but I refrained. I just listened, and sent them on their way with hug and kisses. So all day now I've been feeling like a total failure of a mother! Am I not properly disciplining my children? Are they really getting to many chances? Some days I wish I could have Super Nanny sitting on my shoulder telling me what to do, or not to do! I'm sure I'm not the only Mother to feel this way, am I?

Well, I guess it's time to dust off my parenting books in hopes I can find my backbone again! I'm sure I'll get this parenting thing figured out eventually.....When Ava graduates high school!

2 comments:

Andie said...

Lanna, you're a good mom! Although I bet Dallin will regret saying that you're TOO nice! ;-)

My kids always tell me I am way too MEAN and no other kids have it as tough as they do. :D

MN Paynes said...

Send me a copy of those books would ya. Love ya