Sunday, February 22, 2009

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY...

I became a mother for the fourth time.




I held my daughter straight from God's arms. Nothing else on earth compares to that feeling. I am so blessed, so grateful to have felt it four times. I will never forget those amazing first moments with my babies.




I held a foot that was barely longer than my finger. Where will these feet take her?


I watched my boys meet their newest sister. Their love for her was instant, and has only grown stronger over this first year.




I introduced Callie to her sister, and watched a friendship begin that will last forever.

I thought my heart would burst with joy.



One year ago, I could have never imagined how amazing it would be to have Ava in our family. She has added so much joy and laughter, and actually brought us closer together as a family. One year ago, I couldn't have imagined how busy and crazy our life would be with four kids, but I know for certain that this is the life I have always dreamed of. I don't know why I have been so blessed with my amazing husband, my two handsome sons, and my two beautiful daughters, but whatever the reason, I am eternally grateful.

2 comments:

The Evans Family said...

So, now I am trying not to cry! What a sweet post and what a sweet little girl. I can't believe she's one, and I can't believe I never got anything in the mail for her...

StaceyOstler said...

great post! Sweet, sweet baby pictures. I want another.