Thursday, April 16, 2009

A LITTLE FRIDAY FUN

Chuck has been working a ton of hours lately (or always), and we haven't had a lot of fun family time together, so the Friday of spring break he took the afternoon off, and we played! The kids voted to go to Chuckie Cheeses (Where a kid can be a kid!), and we had a great time. I was so relieved when we arrived that it wasn't all that crowded. There is nothing closer to hell on earth then Chuckie Cheese at maximum capacity!

It was hard to get a good picture of the boys while they were there, because they were so busy running from one game to the next. They only came over to me when they wanted more tokens, or money for the pop I promised they could have! Typical!




Callie and Ava were so cute and fun that day! Callie was showing Ava the Chuckie Cheese ropes, and I was very surprised at how much Ava was enjoying her self. I hate to admit that I don't take as much time during the day to play with my kids as I should, so I very much enjoyed my self too! (The free refills of Diet Coke didn't hurt either:)






And last but not least, there is my husband, who seems to turn into a kid again when we walk in the doors! The best was when he took Callie to "play", and brought her into the giant jungle jeep game where they shoot enormous tarantulas! She had nightmares for 2 nights that her bed was full of ter-lanch-a las (that's how she says it)! Next time she is going to hang with Ava and me on the kiddy side! Apparently shooting at things is a stress reliever for guys! Who knew?




All in all, it was a very fun and relaxing way to spend the afternoon together as a family!

3 comments:

Andie said...

"There is nothing closer to hell on earth then Chuckie Cheese at maximum capacity."

I love it. Truer words have never been spoken, my friend! Chuckie Cheese is my best friend or my worst enemy depending on the day.

Yay for the end of tax season!

The Evans Family said...

I was going to say the same thing...there is nothing worse than Chuckie Cheese at maximum capacity! Actually, I hate the place even when it's empty, but I'm glad you had fun. Ava is getting so big!

Alisa said...

Love your cute blog Lanna! I have added you to my blog list (hope you don't mind!)I can't believe you have been married for 11 years and have FOUR gorgeous kids! So Awesome!

BTW - I am emailing you an invite to our blog. Feel free to check it out:D