Sunday, May 31, 2009

Grant turns 7!

Grant turned the big seven on May 14th, and he couldn't have been more thrilled! We had a small family party on his actual birthday, followed by the much anticipated friend birthday party!




I got an idea earlier this year from my friend Andrea, to do a marshmallow shooter party! Both of the boys loved the idea, and I loved it, because that meant that I didn't have to do party favors, and elaborate decorations (like in years past). Each boy took home a shooter and a bag of mini marshmallows, and everyone had a blast! My yard and driveway were covered with little white marshmallows for almost a week!!! Each shooter cost just under $2, and all in all were not that difficult to make. Grant had an awesome time, and thanked me several times for the cool party!

Chuck giving the kids step by step instructions for assembling their sugar blasting weapons!

I had just asked Dallin if he like the shooter, and he told me it rocked!

Grant mid breath getting ready for his next attack!


This is the calmest picture I could get of the party goers!

3 comments:

The Evans Family said...

Happy Birthday Grant! What a great idea for a party-wish we could have been there! We've done those marshmallow guns for YW/YM activities. Fun!

Andie said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! I love that Callie is right in the middle of all of it.

I am packing today and found a Creating Keepsakes book with your name on it. I have no idea when I walked off with it and how long I've had it but I'm guessing it was a pretty long time ago! Sorry about that....I'll set it aside and get it down to you soon.

Jilly said...

You did it again. What a fun party. AJ had a great time.