Saturday, July 25, 2009

Little Hip Hugger


Tonight while making dinner, (chicken spaghetti, yum yum! Thanks Adrienne:) I was not with out my little kitchen companion, my hip hugger, my Ava. Where ever I am, there she is. Whatever I'm doing, she's also trying to do. It made me remember a day in May when she was so all over what I was doing, and it just hit me that someday, I am gonna miss her feet stepping on mine as I try to move about the kitchen. I am gonna miss how she is most content while in my arms so she can see for her little self exactly what I'm doing.
I am gonna miss how excited she is to "help", even when her help needs to be undone.


(that is my silverware drawer)

I am glad I grabbed my camera and tried to capture a little of my joy on that Sunday afternoon on the last day of May.

With my hip hugger at my side.

Giving me big open mouth kisses!

Keeping me company.


And making me laugh!


This is what we made together in the kitchen that day. My chocolate chip banana muffins. She helped a little.... and taste tested them for me. I think she liked them!

1 comment:

The Evans Family said...

Ahh, I love this post! I will remember that when I have TWO hanging on me! Ava looks a lot like Dallin in that last picture. So cute!

I'll give you one guess where I got that shirt...that's right, Target! I got it 2 weeks ago, it was on sale this last week so I went and got another one in a different color. I have so much variety in my wardrobe! I wore the first necklace you made me with the green one to church and it looked awesome!