I found this quote today, and it made me cry. Cry like a girl (oh, wait...). I plan on typing it up and framing it and putting it in my kitchen window where I will look at it many, many times a day. Hopefully I will remember to see the simple joys around me everyday....
"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?" --Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998, page 59
I am a lover of quotes! I always have been. There is something about that little nugget of truth or wisdom, or humor that feeds me, lifts me, and inspires me. I haven't taken the time I used to take finding quotes that do that for me. Today I did find some while searching the Internet trying to find a few quotes I could share with the YW next week at girls camp. Maybe this quote will touch you!


3 comments:
Thanks for the gem. I'm so glad you posted it. I just got assigned today to speak in sacrament on...."finding joy in life"! I'm pretty sure this one will find its way into my talk. :)
I'm totally going to take you up on your offer to come help paint, if that's still OK. Let's chat soon....have a great time at girls' camp!!!
Every mother needs to read this qoute and more than once, like you said daily! Thanks for sharing!! Now give us more posts....
I love this quote! I may quote it on my blog someday too! In fact I should post it in a few places, so that I can keep it fresh in my mind. Thanks for it!
Post a Comment