Sunday, October 25, 2009

Costume Party

Chuck and I were invited to our friends Jeff and Annette's annual Halloween Party. Costumes required! We had been so sick the week before the party, that I thought we would have to bow out this year. Well, Wednesday night, we decided we were definitely better, and had better get our act together and come up with a costume! Thursday morning, I stated doing some thinking, and remember my friend Jackie had a great Cleopatra costume, so I gave her a call. I didn't think the dress would fit me because she is tiny, and I'm NOT, so she described how she had made the dress in case I couldn't squeeze into hers, and then I could just use her accessories. Long story short, she couldn't find her costume anywhere, but was able to find her husbands Mark Anthony costume that Chuck could use, so I thought it would be fun to pull a costume together myself! I had several yards of white taffeta that I had gotten free from work, that worked out perfectly for the dress! I ran to Joann's and grabbed a 60% off wig and beaded head piece, 1/4 yard of gold pleather, and some gold rope. I spent less that $20! I threw in some plastic jewels I had at home, some seriously blue eye shadow, gave the wig a much needed hair cut, and voila, I became Cleopatra!






I had a blast making this, and Chuck said to me several times during the night that I didn't even look like myself, and that he felt like he was cheating on me!

Meredith and Chris (that is his real beard!)
We had a blast at the party, and loved every ones costumes, especially Flo and Billy's! At the party, we decided that Chuck's costume would have been better with a metal garbage can lid as a shield, and a plastic sword, and I'm sad that I didn't get a picture of the front of my costume, cause it was cute!
Now, what to be next year......

3 comments:

The Evans Family said...

You look FABULOUS!! You do look different enough that Chuck should have been worried. Good job! I am totally going to have to remember the Flo and Billy costumes, that is a great idea.

Andie said...

I was going to say the same thing--that it didn't even look like you! But you are beautiful as always. Great costume!

Kelsey said...

Great costume, It doesn't really look like you but man is it good! Chuck is one lucky man, yes on yes...