Sunday, November 8, 2009

Let's Party Extra Fancy!


Callie loves a book series called Fancy Nancy about a little girl who does everything extra fancy from the way she dresses to the way she talks! She had her heart set on having a Fancy Nancy tea party with all of her girl friends for her birthday (No boys this year, she said they wouldn't have liked it!). We talked and planned for many weeks! I did my best to make the house look extra fancy (on a budget that is) with pink balloons, streamers, and lavender tulle bows tied on chairs. She even wanted to decorate the cupboards! Boy, is this girl fancy or what!!



The little party guests arrived decked from head to toe in their nicest party apparel (that's a fancy word for clothes). I even let Callie wear lip gloss and blue eyeshadow! The guests decorated their own crowns with gems and jewels (okay, stick on rhinestones), and then make a candy necklace and bracelet, and choose a beautiful ring to wear. These were some fancy party activities!

Since this was a tea party, we had to teach them how to drink like little ladies with their pinkies high in the air, and sip and savor their pink punch! They were very excited to use my real glass punch bowl cups, and where so adorable trying their very best to drink like the the ladies!

Pinkies up!


You can't have a fancy tea party without little cakes and treats, can you! I made the girls their own cakes to decorate as fancy as they wanted with all different colors of frosting and sprinkles. These fancy little ladies were in heaven!



Callie and her masterpiece!

Little Zoe used half her body weight in frosting!!!

Time for cake and ice cream, and all of the fun little surprises her friends brought! Ava was right by Callies side saying "Oooooo, pitty" at every gift she opened! Ava wanted to be a part of the party so badly that she kept running off with the girls dress up shoes!



There is the shoe thief Ava!

Chloe, Zoe, Maya, Regan, Callie, and Elyse.

Callie had a great time, and is still talking about her party 3 week later! I'm glad you loved your fancy party Callie, we loved giving it to you!!!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

How fun!! I can't wait {I know I can because it will come all to quickly} to have little "Fancy" parties with my girl! When I do, I know who to come to!!

Becky said...

I can't wait for fancy parties! Callie and Ava are both so adorable! Also great YWIE tonight, I got all teary when you were talking about darlene and Mel. It turned out great!