Sunday, January 10, 2010

She Did It!

I told Callie that once she was five, she could get her ears pierced if she wanted to. I figured that by that age, she would be able to fully understand that it would hurt a little bit, and that the piercings needed to be carefully taken care of everyday for six weeks. Her birthday came and went, and she talked about it some, but went back and forth with her decision, so we waited. In mid December she talked about it again, and really felt like she was ready, so off we went to Claire's! With teddy bear in hand for added comfort, she did it!

Before...
During...(I'm so glad that they did both ears at once!)
After... Admiring her new earrings!

You can tell by the face she is making, that she was hurting, but she was so brave, and didn't shed a single tear! Beauty hurts sister, get used to it!
Grant came with us, and was quite impressed with how great she did! I think having a bit of an audience helped her gather the courage she needed! We're proud of you sis! You're such a girlie girl, now you have the pink flower earrings to prove it!

2 comments:

The Evans Family said...

Yay Callie! She looks so cute! It took Emma until she was 10 to work up the courage. I'm actually kind of glad though, one ear has been infected (it had several hairs wrapped around the post of the earring) and it has quite literally been a pain.
Um...we need to talk, how long has it been???

Lori said...

So cute, and brave!