Monday, January 18, 2010

Our Tree

As soon as the turkey was put away on Thanksgiving, we quickly made plans to cut down our family's Christmas tree. There is nothing like the smell of a fresh cut tree to get you in the spirit of the season, and our kids love this tradition almost as much as they love Christmas it's self! Last year we did a coin toss, and the kids won and chose a big round tree that took up half of my living room. I wanted a tall narrow tree, and this year I got my wish! We found the most symmetrical, tall beautiful tree, it almost looked fake! This was possibly our most favorite tree yet!




The day was bright and sunny, and not too cold yet (at least by Minnesota standards). After we cut down the tree, it was off for some cider, a hay ride, and a visit with the animals. Ava was squealing with delight and excitement at all of the animals! She was even getting smiles and laughs, and "oh she is so cute" comments from all of the other visitors! I love seeing her discover and experience things for the first time. Who knew farm animals could be so funny?!




After a long weekend of decorating, the tree and the house were ready for Christmas! (I neglected to take pictures of the rest of the house, and since I'm two month behind on this post, you'll just have to take my word for it that it looked good:) The girls redecorated the bottom half of the tree daily, which I suppose added to it's charm. I often heard Ava say, "ook Mom, pitty!", and it was!

1 comment:

The Evans Family said...

That was a pretty tree, I wish I could have one that tall! But I still like my fake tree...=-)