Thursday, February 18, 2010

If There is Winter in Heaven....

It will look just like this!



We woke up to this last Saturday, and it just felt magical! The kids couldn't believe how beautiful all the trees were, and I could hardly keep my eyes off it all. I took several pictures as Callie and I headed off to dance class, and thankfully brought my camera with to capture this most amazing of winter days. I loved that this was the day before Valentine's Day. It felt like an early "I love you" present from Heavenly Father.



Callie and I stopped at the historical farm near our house on our way home. The farm was breathtaking! It really felt like something on a postcard! I showed Callie the tiny snowflakes as they landed on the sleeve my black wool coat. I wish I could have captured her little face as she realized that real snowflakes were more beautiful than ones cut out of paper.



Days like this help me see all of the positives to why I live in Minnesota. The winters here do get a bit long to say the least, but waking up to this peaceful winter surprise, makes all the below zero days tolerable! This by far, was one of my most favorite winter days.

And I got to share it all with this beauty.

3 comments:

The Evans Family said...

It IS beautiful! It's a good thing there are moments like that in your winter, because I don't think I could handle it! And I think there are TWO beauties in that picture of you and Callie! =-)

Kelsey said...

Love all the pictures! It does look beautiful, but maybe for me I'd prefer a postcard. The picture of you and Callie is so cute! You are one beautiful lady and she is one cute girl!!

Erin said...

What a sweet post, Lanna. That was a beautiful winter day, agreed. I took pictures, too...wonder where they are...

Though despite the beauty of that day, I definitely don't begrudge the weather we've been having lately!