...And do the sweetest and darnedest things! For a while I had a journal sitting in my kitchen specifically devoted to writing down all of the funny, and cute things they said and did. I'm not quite sure how I fell out of habit with that one. The past few weeks there have been a few note worthy things.
About three weeks ago, we were going to be having a particularly busy day. The night before, Chuck was telling Dallin that we needed to get up early in the morning to get things going, and that we were all going to get up early, even mom. To which Dallin replied, "yea, I'd like to see that!" What the heck, I know I'm not a morning person, but I do get up in the mornings ya know! I'm usually up late folding laundry, cleaning up, reading a book, or heaven forbid enjoying my quiet, sleeping house! Chuck reminds me quite often, that seminary is truly right around the corner, and that I'll have to get up and drive Dallin. I'll cross that bridge when it gets here!
Callie is my little shadow. Where ever I go, there she is. She often talks about all the things she wants to be when she grows up. Top on her list lately has been a doctor, a teenager, and a mom! In most of our daily conversations, she always makes sure to include "someday when I'm a mama just like you, I'm gonna....", or "when do I get to be a mom?" It really does totally melt my heart. It makes me feel like I must be doing something right if my little girl wants to grow up just like me. It also makes me so very aware of what I am teaching her, not only with what I say, but by what I do. Her sweet little comments make me want to be a better mom, and hopefully someday, she will be a better mother than I am.
Grant is the sweetest, kindest little kid. Sure he has him moments, I'm not gonna lie, but for the most part, he goes out of his way to please. We had parent teacher conferences last week, and he was getting glowing reviews in everything. As he sat there, he was just looking at his teacher with this puppy dog look on his face, saying how he wanted her to teach him harder math problems, because he really wanted to "educate" himself, and learn more (he must have used that line three times during our conference!). It was all Mrs. Levy could do to talk to him without smiling too big with the use of his big grown up terms! I think Grant is gonna cry on the last day of 2nd grade.
Ava, aka wiggle, has been talking up a storm lately, and is an endless source of entertainment. Today when the kids got home from school with all of their Valentines candy, she dropped the "f" bomb while trying her best to say sucker. The boys laughed, and I quickly explained that she didn't know what she was saying! And Chuck, my dear sweet Chuck, thought it ever so funny to teach her the word "boobs" a few months back. She hasn't forgotten that word (and it doesn't help that he keeps reminding her of it either!). She now says "boops" or "bupes" or my favorite is when I hold her, I get a little squeeze as she says "mom's boops"! Oh her latest is lifting up her own shirt and saying "Ava's boop's?" Yesterday while Callie was filling out her Barbie Valentines, writing "FORM CALLIE" on all of them, Ava so proudly pointed out all of the Barbies and their "boops" to which Callie shockingly told me that she was saying a grown up private word, and proceeded to scold Ava! Thanks Chuck! Don't you think we're going to have enough "boob" talk in this house in a few years with 2 teenage girls?
So there you have it, a few things that have stuck out in my mind the last little while. I LOVE being a mom, and I love when it is entertaining too! It makes those difficult days a bit easier.
July 2019 OREGON part 1 7/1-7/8
6 years ago


2 comments:
Lanna, you inspire me to be a better mother! This is a great post. :)
Great post! I say set up car pooling for seminary so you don't have to get up every morning :-)
Post a Comment