Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Holy Crap, That Was Fun!!!"

My good friend Sonya invited myself and the kids to her family cabin last Friday for an afternoon of swimming (and adult conversation:). The kids had a party jumping off the dock, snorkeling, and catching sun fish with nets. They used all the snacks I intended for the kids to eat to bait the fish into their nets (Dora cracker, fish crackers, and cookies). Oh well, they were having fun!

Dallin spotted a small trampoline in the garage and asked Sonya if he could bring it down to the end of the dock to jump into the lake. I was surprised she let him, and I was just waiting for the injuries to start! But they actually remained unharmed (I'm shocked) and had a grand old time. Grant ran down the dock, jumped a few times on the tramp, and jumped into the lake! When he surfaced, he yelled at the top of his not so little lungs, "Holy crap, that was fun!" Sonya and I had a really good laugh! Ava was an angel, and allowed me to chat with Sonya, and all the kids got along well. That was a fun way to say good bye to summer! Thanks again Sonya!

1 comment:

Tana said...

Hey, I found your blog from Jenny Xanthos's. It's so fun to see your family. I love blogs. I have a blog too.
barnhartfamily.blogspot.com
Check it out. We should get together soon.