Taking the kids to the fair that is. This year, I just don't know if it was. Chucks vote is that we leave them home next year, and make the fair a date night next year. We'll see... part of me feels like it's a tradition, and I'm sure that our parents had to hear all the same complaints our kids rattled off during our four hour adventure. Do any of these sound familiar...
I'm tired.
I'm hot.
My feet hurt.
Why can't I ride in the stroller? (Because you're 9!)
There's too many people.
I don't want to share the lemonade, I want my own!
The barn stinks!
What we can only do ONE ride!
Why does Callie get to ride in the stroller? (Because she's 3!)
Can we get more food?
I'm still hungry!
My stomach hurts.
When can we go?
Are we almost to the car?
I have to pee!
So you get the point! Don't get me wrong, I do think they did enjoy most to the fair, but the MN State Fair is HUGE! One of the largest in the USA in fact. I have a lot of great memories of going as a child, and I hope by taking pictures of the stuff they did enjoy that when they (& Chuck & I too) look back we will remember the fun stuff from the fair! Here is some of what we did enjoy...
Deep fried cheese curds! Pure yummyness! Oh & the ice cream was great!
Dallin, Grant, and Callie all really loved the animals.
This was the best shot taken as we rode down the GIANT SLIDE! This is definitely a highlight!
The butter sculptures! Strange, but soo Minnesotian!
Ava. Didn't complain once, the only ride she got was in the stroller, and her only "treat" was a bottle!
The kids chose the tilt-a-whirl, and to be honest I would have been mad too, their car barely whirled!
So the big question...will we do it again next year? I don't know. I guess I'll tell myself what I tell the kids...We'll see!


3 comments:
Cheese sculptures??? =-) Looks like you guys had fun!
OK, so I meant to type: Butter sculptures???
I totally feel ya! We wonder that every time we go out anywhere with the wee people! There was a carnival in town and Melanie says, "I would never get on one of those rides because I heard drunk people put them together." Nice Mel. Nice.
Post a Comment