Friday, November 21, 2008

The Return of ER Grant!

About a year and a half ago, Grant got the nick name "ER Grant" due to his many, many injuries, stitches and the like. Talk about medical bills! He is unfortunately very fearless! About 2 weeks ago after dinner, he wanted to go jump on the tramp, no big deal, the kids are ALWAYS jumping! This happened to be after the time change, and it was pitch black out at 6pm. He was trying to get off the tramp, and come in the house when he tripped and fell head first onto the patio paver step in front of the trampoline. I was cleaning up dinner inside and I heard the impact (sick!) and then heard his immediate scream as he came tearing into the house. I have to admit, my stomach turned when I saw him because it was the biggest goose egg I had ever seen, and it appeared so quickly! We knew he wasn't knocked out (thankfully!) and we iced it and watched him very closely for 2 hours for any signs of nausea. We debated about taking him in to urgent care, but we knew he didn't have a concussion, and needed no stitches, and they would have probably just told us to watch him, ice it, and give him advil....all of which we did. Poor kid was in tough shape, but by the next morning was back to himself.


I did call the Doctor a few days later because as the bump was going down, his eyelids were swelling, and his eyes were turning black and blue! They said it was just he fluid draining from the injury, and just ice it , and treat him with advil for the swelling. He looked pretty rough for a week, but is now doing much better.....keep posted for the next ER Grant adventure!



2 comments:

The Evans Family said...

Oh my goodness! THat is the BIGGEST goose egg I've ever seen. Poor Grant. At least he didn't really end up at the ER...

MN Paynes said...

I cringed even before I saw the picture, poor kid. I promise I wont call social services on you:)