Friday, June 5, 2009

Memorial Day

We had a very relaxing Memorial Day this year. We decided to pack up the kids and head to Como Zoo, which has been around, well since the beginning of time I think! Thankfully they have made vast improvements to it over the years, and it isn't quite the PETA nightmare it once was! It is now a great destination for families, and still has the most amazing gardens and arboretums around! The kids enjoy it all, and because it isn't all that big, it helps keep the crabbiness and whining in check!


Ava was thrilled to be stroller free for a few min and explore the arboretum with her siblings!


She really wanted nothing to do with posing for a picture, she just wanted down!

I love this building, it smells like heaven! (Sorry about the naked statue!)




I just laughed at he sight of all the kids hanging over the edge of this pond trying to touch the coy fish. (and yes, they did get yelled at by a volunteer, but it was fun while it lasted!)

I surprised the kids with a bag of cotton candy to share, as if they didn't have enough junk and sugar coursing through their veins!
We had a great time, and Chuck and I have vowed to go back soon, just the two of us on a date, so we can really enjoy all of the gardens and exhibits, oooh, and maybe have a picinic too!


1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Looks like a good time! Very beautiful gardens, I think Marc had his wedding pictures taken there, not sure...And I am jealous about the cotton candy!