Monday morning. Long story short. Busy morning. Boys off to school, all of us girls ready to head out the door in 30 min for yet another Young Women's meeting, and lookin' good I might add, and me quickly loading breakfast dishes thinking to myself how quickly this kitchen clean up is going with out my littlest "helper" who is up in her room entertaining herself, what a blessing.....or so I thought.
Not 30 seconds after this thought left my head, Ava is standing at the top of the stairs, opening and closing her hands like she has something sticky on them. Thinking I should have knocked on wood 45 seconds ago, I headed over to her to see what on earth she got into, when the smell hit me like a ton of menthol bricks! My sleep deprived self left the Vick's vapor rub (the tub) next to her rocking chair at 3am the night before, and she thought it would make great finger paint, and proceeded to paint herself, her whole self, and the rocking chair!!!! My immediate thought was HOLY CRAP, you've got to be kidding me, how am I going to get this grease off of everything! So in the tub she went with no drain stop so the smell would just flow down the drain, and I went into her room to attempt clean up!
I'll be the first to admit that this was not nearly as bad as the ink debacle a few weeks ago, but it was still a mess! I was in too big of a hurry to take any pictures, and I'm not sure how well they would have turned out any way, but if this was smell - a - blog, and I walked my computer up to her room, (Two whole days after the fact) you too would have the pleasure of having your sinuses instantly cleared! Maybe that's why she has slept so well the past two nights.
July 2019 OREGON part 1 7/1-7/8
6 years ago


4 comments:
Chuck, your wife needs a vacation! ;-)
That is crazy! You poor thing, it came way too soon after the pen incident!! Did it get on the cushion of the chair? How did you get it off? Too bad you don't have a scratch-n-sniff blog because the babies and I could use a could whiff of some Vick's...
My noise is suddenly clearing up no joke! I can just smell the VIcks...Oh the stories you tell, I have none so far but I know that will change in due time....
Kids are great, no? Mel pulled an incident with baby powder and it looked like a blizzard had erupted in her room, but the worst was Sydney with the vaseline. I'm sure it was the same sort of cleanup wonder that you have been dealing with. I sat there wondering how the heck to wash the crap off since it seemed to be so wonderfully water repellant! Dang kids!
Post a Comment