Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oops He Did it Again!

Grant's been throwing things again. A few months back, it was the board book being hurled across the living room, intending to kill a bee, but shattering our window instead. {Do you remember? I'll never forget!}

Tonight it was a fountain pen being thrown across the kitchen at Callie, for no particular reason I might add, and guess what?

The dang thing EXPLODED!!!!


Grant with his "oh crap, this going on the blog, I better cover the ink on my head" pose!

Yes, I said exploded all over my kitchen, me, my floor, the girls, my walls, my drapes, my garbage can, my cupboards, everywhere! I did a great job of keeping my cool, had everyone check their feet for ink, put Ava in her high chair, sent Callie into the tub, and Grant outside, and I cleaned this up.....


Ava enjoyed smearing ink all over her tray, and that cute shirt is now trash!

Ink

Ink
and more ink!
Can you tell my back was turned during the pen chucking incident? Another shirt in the trash!

And here is some additional proof of the huge mess I had to clean up during the 5:00 dinner rush. But good news, 55 minutes later with the help of Mr. Clean Magic erasers, soft scrub with bleach, and good old fashioned elbow grease, my kitchen is mostly back to normal! I'll tackle the shirts tomorrow.

Note to self: NEVER allow another fountain pen in this house again!!!

5 comments:

Laurie and Mike said...

Lanna, I'm just dying (no pun intended)! I can't think of anything worse. Maybe I shouldn't say that because we all know it could be worse. You need to pin that boys arms to his sides. :o)
It's a good thing he's cute!

The Evans Family said...

Oh my goodness Lanna! That is crazy. I never would have thought a pen would explode like that! Good job keeping your cool. Bummer about your shirt, it looks like its cute! Isn't that always the way it is??

Kelsey said...

The things I get to look forward to...I would have gone crazy ape on him, you weren't lying when you said it went everywhere! Love the hairdo by the way...

Andie said...

That is just terrible! I hope that boy plays baseball since he's got quite a strong arm! You are a good woman for being so patient. :)

Amber said...

You are such a better person than me! You're smiling in the pictures! If they photographed me after an incident like that I would likely have been in shackles foaming at the mouth!