Thursday, November 12, 2009

Two Minutes, that's all I ask!

WARNING:

The following may be a bit too honest and blunt for some of my readers. Continue reading at your own risk!


I feel like I can count on my two hands the number of times I have been able to go to the bathroom alone in the past 10 years!!! Am I the only mother who seems to have a fan club follow her everywhere? Today for instance, I needed to use the bathroom, as we all do everyday, unless there is something seriously medically WRONG with you! Today I chose to leave the door open, so that my #1 fan (Ava) could follow me in. If I choose to close the door, and heaven forbid have my two minutes in peace, I get to either hear her scream and cry, or knock continuously saying "mom", knock-knock, "mom", knock-knock, "mooooooooom"! So like I said I chose to leave the door open today!


The whole time I'm in there (the whole two minutes, cause I don't need to read a novel or anything), she is picking little small pieces of toilet paper off the roll, or pulling half of the roll out the door with her, and then she is trying to shove the toilet paper into the toilet, because that is where toilet paper goes! Well, that is kinda hard when my big old bum is blocking her target, so I got a push and shove from her, as she tried to dethrone me, and then a forceful handful of T.P. scraps thrown on my lap in her defeat when she realized she wasn't going to be able to push me off the toilet! I'm thinking to myself, so you're the reason we seem to be going through toilet paper in record amounts, and sure you are cute and adorable and you applaud all my "accomplishments", but seriously, when can I have two minutes alone, and WHEN CAN I POO IN PEACE!!!
I have to say I think this is one of those little things of motherhood I am NOT going to miss when they are all grown! So there you go. Hopefully you are not too scarred. This blog is therapy for me at times.


6 comments:

Andie said...

Thanks for the morning laugh!

Myers Mayhem said...

That's EXACTLY how it is at my house too! Unrolling the TP and trying to shove it in the toilet are Ryder's favorite things to do!

Anonymous said...

Since were sharing.... my nine year old still follows me to the bathroom.

Amber said...

I haven't poo'd without interruption for 9 years. I fear that it may never happen again. If it's not the kids, it's one of the dang dogs. When they grow up and get their own homes I plan on visiting often and walking in on them everytime they go to the bathroom.

The Evans Family said...

Ha, ha, ha! THe benefits of being a mom! Do you ever find yourself forgetting to shut the door when other people are over since you are used to leaving it open for the kids??

Becky said...

OH!!! So true!!! I am so with you on that one.